Motivating others is all we hear about. What about motivating ourselves?
I want to share my 7 favorite ways to motivate ourselves for success.
- Ask yourself why. After you set your goals, this question will keep you going…. and going…. and going.
- Visualize success. Imagine yourself after reaching your goal: the city and state you live, your clothes, the people with whom you work, the house where you live, and the smile on your face as you deposit that last check!
- Chunk. Create smaller goals and rewards along the way — things that are easy to reach so that you have steppingstones, and feel good about yourself.
- Celebrate. This is the most important one to me. Celebrate your successes in life (professionally and personally). This keeps the momentum and your enthusiasm turbo-charged. Reward yourself, treat yourself, and enjoy those precious moments.
- Be flexible. Period.
- Ask for help. It’s my belief you come from strength when asking for help. It does two things: it frees you up, and allows others to take responsibility.
- Hang ’em up. Get all your complimentary letters, awards, certificates, accolades, and frame them. Then, hang them up where you can see them every day. There are going to be days when you need these reminders.
Contributed by Larry Lipman, Success Coach
Please follow and like us: